Thursday, October 8, 2015

Ahh Dinosaurs!!


Okay, so it's not a real dinosaur, but a knitted one. The pattern is Dinosaur Jr. by Katie Boyette. This is for the Why I Knit Dinosaur KAL/CAL that I'm hosting. It took a few times though to get it going, as I kept screwing up sadly. However I finally was able to get everything together and I've been working on it the past few days with success. Here are a few more photos:




The yarn is Knit Picks Comfy Worsted in Coffee and the plates are going to be in Peony. This is going to be a gift for my dad's friends new granddaughter. Now the original pattern uses wool, however the baby lives in FL. Also don't worry, I'm going to stitch on the eyes so that she won't be able to pull them off when she is ready to receive this.

I'm a little nervous that her parents won't like it. I was semi friendly with the dad when we where kids, but he is a few years older then I am so we wouldn't call each other close. However, I think she (meaning the baby) will love it down the road.

In other news, I am going away starting on Saturday and will be gone until the following Sunday. Where am I going? Well for the first part of the week I'll be in New Orleans for some family things, the second half of the week I'll be in NYC. This will also involve a trip to the Dutchess County Fairgrounds on Sat for NY Sheep and Wool. That's right... I'm going to Rhinebeck!!! Very excited at this is the first time that I'm going. My mom and sister are going with me, so I won't be able to do any meet ups for podcasting unfortnally. Maybe next year.

I hope to have one or two more posts before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment