Thursday, July 7, 2016

The World We Live in Now (Warning: NSFW Language)

Warning: This post is going to be long and full of some very foul language. So if you are at work... I apologize, but this language is NSFW.

It's been a long time since I have posted here. Just been really busy and about to end my knitting hiatus in the next few weeks. However today's post is about the world we live in and how my life today was somewhat turned upside down. I'm breaking this down into sections.

The Election: I am not looking forward to the next few months. Honestly, both Trump and Clinton have absolutely no business being President. Trump as he does not have a political background and Hillary well... I'll leave it at that. I am leaning towards one direction though more then the other... (cough not Trump cough). That being said, I really wished Joe Biden was running. I understand why he's not (after all his son Beau's death was big news around here), but he just seems to be the best "candidate" out there. Oh and Paul Ryan has officially gone off the rails. Shit is about to hit the fan.

Police Brutality and BLM: Ferguson and Baltimore situations hit close to home last September when a man in a wheelchair was shot and killed by the city police of the largest city in Delaware. Even though it didn't get the same coverage as those two (which is a fucking shame), no charges were filed. Now within the last 48 hours there have been two more police shootings that have many people (including myself) up in arms. I don't want to get into the situation more and find myself in the center of it, but something has to change.

My Life: Life has been okay lately. My mom has been having some minor surgeries (nothing bad though) and is not allowed to drive at the moment (that will change most likely in a few weeks). However today freaked me out a little bit. I was on Facebook when someone posted in one of the groups that I'm a part of a press release from the state police saying they arrested a suspect in an incident that had happened a few days ago. The suspect? Someone who I know (my sister also knows the suspect, but not as well). The suspect and I have do not regularly talk, but what was supposedly the suspect asked their victim? Well it makes me fucking disgusted that I knew the suspect. Thankfully the victim knew to dial 911 and the suspect was arrested.

The thing is that in a group dedicated to the place where I met the suspect (not going to say where) there was a person who said that we shouldn't say bad shit about the suspect... ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! What the suspect did was illegal and used their position to gain the victims trust. I'll have to keep my eyes on this case.